People living with dementia can lose the ability to recognise what the time is and even whether it is day or night. This can cause many challenges for them and for their primary carers, such as getting up or leaving the home in the night time.
The Day Clock can significantly help people with dementia maintain their daily routine and reduce anxiety about the time of day and them missing key events.
The Day Clocks’ clear and simple display of “Now it’s Monday Morning” was developed by the Bath Institute of Medical Engineers who worked with Occupational Therapists and Carers to develop the concept. It is quite deliberate that it doesn't display a conventional clock time - please read the customer reviews to hear why others find it such a helpful and simple aid.
The Day Clock won a South West Innovation Award and was also a finalist in the National Dementia Care Awards.
- Clear and simple display of time
- Works well at night and in the day
- Plug and play straight from the box (date requires set up)
- Secure button sequencing to eliminate accidental interference
- Keeps track of the correct time even when on standby
- Maintenance free usage
- Corner lights for prominent night time usage (can be switched off if not needed)
- 12 months warranty
- Reviews ()